The broccoli is made more a bit more dynamic with a handful of peppery arugula in this simple detox-friendly recipe.
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for just a minute or until fragrant.
3. Add the broccoli and cook for four minutes or until bright green.
4. Add the water, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover. Cook for eight minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
5. Pour the soup into a blender and puree with the arugula until quite smooth. Be very careful when blending hot liquids; start slowly and work in batches if necessary (you don’t want the steam to blow the lid off).
Serve the soup with a bit of fresh lemon.
Originally featured in Detox