Apple Cinnamon Chips
Kids go crazy for these healthy apple chips.
2 Granny Smith apples, or your favorite type of apple
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Set a dehydrator to 130°F.
2. Cut the apples into 1/8-inch-thick round slices. Place the sliced apples in a single layer on dehydrator trays. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the apple slices.
3. Place the trays in the dehydrator and dehydrate the apple slices for about 8 hours, or until they are crisp and dry. Let cool completely.
4. Spread some peanut butter over the chips, if desired, and enjoy.
* If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can still make these. Arrange the apple slices in a single layer on cooling racks and place the racks on baking sheets. Cook in a low oven (140°F to 160°F) for about 8 hours.
Originally featured in Apples are in Season—Here's What To Do With Them