SALTWATER TALL LACE-UP LEATHER DUCK BOOT
Puddle-splashing rubber shells? No-slip outsoles? Chillproof polar fleece? It’s all one giant, emphatic yes.
LACE-UP LUXE LEATHER DUCK BOOT
Winterized with slick, alpine-chic textures, these all-purpose boots fear nothing. They also happen to be quite comfortable.
STYLED WITH: APIECE APART CAPE, goop, $595; JOSEPH SWEATER, goop, $565; KHAITE JEANS, goop, $340; THE ELDER STATESMAN SOCKS, The Elder Statesman, $155; TIBI SWEATER, goop, $395; TIBI SKIRT, goop, $450; CITIZENS OF HUMANITY JUMPSUIT, goop, $398; NILI LOTAN SWEATER, goop, $595; JOSEPH COAT, goop, $1,525; MONROW JUMPSUIT, goop, $189; MADEWELL SOCKS, Madewell, $13; BROCK COLLECTION SWEATER, goop, $1,530; CHAMPION PANTS, goop, $90; G. LABEL YANG HIGH-CUFF TURTLENECK SWEATER, goop, $595; SKIN SHORTS, goop, $125; ERIN M. KARR CUP, EMK Ceramics, $35; KHAITE SWEATER, goop, $1,480; THE ELDER STATESMAN SOCKS, The Elder Statesman, $275;
Full of vegetables, beans, and farro, this hearty soup is even better the next day. We like to make a big batch on Sunday and eat it throughout the week.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup uncooked farro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups packed chopped kale
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- salt and pepper
- crushed red chili flakes, to garnish (optional)
- pesto, to garnish (optional)
- 1. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, and a large pinch of salt and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add farro, rosemary, thyme, tomato paste, and another generous pinch of salt and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 3. Add chicken stock and water, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Add kale, beans, and another pinch of salt and return to a boil.
- 5. Reduce heat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 6. Add the zucchini, turn off the heat, and let the zucchini cook in the warm broth for 1 minute.
- 7. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- 8. Serve hot garnished with crushed red chili flakes and pesto, if desired.
EDITOR’S TIP: Fresh pesto is great here, but in the winter, we often opt for a good refrigerated one from the grocery store.
SHOP THE STORY
Cape Apiece Apart, $595
Wilson Peacoat G. Label, $795
Jacket Apiece Apart, $625
Pullover Tibi, $375
Socks The Elder Statesman, $160
Sweater Joseph, $565
Saltweather Tall Lace-Up Leather Duck Boot goop x Sperry, $180
Jumper Ellery, $820
Skirt Goldsign, $250
Ring Colette Jewelry, $1,620
Jacket Fabiana Pigna, $585
Saltwater Tall Lace-Up Luxe Leather Duck Boot goop x Sperry, $180
Jumpsuit Monrow, $189
Sweater Khaite, $1,460
Pants Nili Lotan, $395
Huggies Lizzie Mandler, $1,075