Isle of Hope
Wormsloe Historic Site
7601 Skidaway Rd., Isle of Hope
Commonly referred to as Wormsloe Plantation, this is the former 18th-century estate of English pilgrim, Noble Jones, whose family owned the land until the state of Georgia acquired the majority of the plantation in 1973. It’s located on Isle of Hope, which is about a 20 minute drive from downtown, ending with a mile-long corridor of large oaks laden with Spanish moss. Inside, the site includes Wormsloe’s tabby ruin (the oldest standing structure in Savannah), the plantation house built by a Jones grandson in 1828, and a museum.