Editor’s note: All things LYMA are 20% off on goop.com until 11:59 p.m. PT on November 27—no code necessary!
Take a look at the famous LYMA laser’s before-and-after photos—the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines plumped to youthful suppleness, jawlines dramatically more defined—and you might think they’ve been tampered with. They have not; the red-light laser is 100 times more powerful than typical at-home LED devices. It targets the look of wrinkles, texture, and elasticity, and it is approved by the FDA.
But the groundbreaking brand has just entered an entirely new category in the arena of skin transformation with a unique serum-and-cream combination—you use both, one right after the other—that’s unlike anything we’ve ever tried. LYMA uses a super high concentration of active ingredients in both formulas, and the results, as with the LYMA laser, are remarkable, with improvements in firmness, elasticity, and hydration starting to show up in about a month, along with a reduction in visible redness.
How the New Skin Care Works
To get the results—again, just as with the laser—you’ve got to follow LYMA’s protocol, which is unlike any other (scroll down for the full instructions). You can use the skin care and laser together for ultimate skin benefits, or you can use them on their own.
Clinically tested with plastic surgeon Graeme E. Glass, MD, PhD, at Weill Cornell Medical College, the serum and cream work to optimize the skin’s microbiome—with a cocktail of many active ingredients, including quercetin, beta-glucans, stem cell extracts, retinol, and a host of potent antioxidants and skin hydrators.
How the LYMA Laser Works
Most skin lasers use heat to injure the skin, which works to stimulate collagen production. But the LYMA works differently: Its near-infrared light penetrates to the skin’s base layer to encourage collagen production and protein production, which in turn fights free radicals, combating the loss of both collagen and elastin. The light technology also triggers cells’ regenerative power. All this collagen and elastin support helps transform signs of aging, the look of wrinkles, skin elasticity, and acne.
The LYMA works without causing pain or sensitivity, and it requires no downtime. It is even safe to use around the sensitive eye area—no goggles needed—and because the light is fragmented into thousands of smaller beams, it feels like nothing more than a warm flutter over skin.
What We Use Our LYMA to Address
Acne scars, pigmentation or hyperpigmentation, crepiness, and visible signs of aging.
How to Use It
To use it, hold the device over any area of your face you want to treat—say, the outer corners of your eyes or the top of your upper lip—for three minutes every day. (Depending on how many areas you want to treat, you might spend 15 minutes a day total.)
Use the LYMA while you’re decompressing watching a show, in a meeting with your camera turned off, listening to a podcast, or any time—the powerhouse 500mW laser is compact and easy to hold, not to mention small enough to fit in a makeup pouch and cute and inconspicuous enough to leave out charging on a bathroom shelf or bedside table. It’s also beautifully uncomplicated: There’s an on button and an off button, full stop.
SKIN ROUTINES: SUPERCHARGE YOUR RESULTS
While the LYMA works brilliantly on its own, combine it with incredible skin care and the next-level results will really multiply.
How to Use the New LYMA Serum and Cream
Do this protocol consistently—every day, morning and night—you’ll start to see results after about a month.
- After cleansing, smooth three pumps of the serum onto your fingertips, and massage in circular motions across your face and neck. It smells decidedly medicinal, which LYMA says is because of the serum’s high concentrations of actives.
- Wait a minute for the serum to absorb fully, then follow with three pumps of the cream, smoothing it gently into your face and neck until a white film forms (this signals that the formula is working).
- Wait a minute as the actives sink further into skin, and massage, again in circular motions, until the remaining cream absorbs into your skin.
- If your skin can absorb more serum and cream, you can up the dose to six pumps of each.
- Important: If you’re using the serum and the cream in the mornings, make sure any sunscreen or makeup you might use doesn’t contain zinc oxide: The active ingredients interact with it to cause a weird yellow color on skin—it’s in no way harmful and can easily be washed off, however. (It happens because zinc can prevent the yellow pigment of a key active in the serum and cream from totally absorbing.) Products containing titanium dioxide, on the other hand, are fine to use.
Support Routine for Amazing Skin
2. Smooth on Serum in the Mornings
Serums address everything from boosting glow to minimizing lines and are the most active treatments in a routine. These ones are boosted with skin-restoring active ingredients that make a noticeable difference in the way your skin looks and feels.
The quickest way to plump the look of lines and infuse skin with life, moisturizer benefits every skin type. Smooth it on after letting your serum sink in for a few minutes.
4. Finish with Sunscreen—the Ultimate Youth-Preserving Cream
Every day, make your final morning layer an all-mineral sunscreen and whatever else you do for your skin—creams, lasers, even dermatologist’s treatments—will actually have a chance to work.