Spring Shoe Trends
Warmer weather brings shorter hemlines and of course, the great promise of pristine new shoes. So toss your hole-riddled flats and worn-out sandals: Here, 11 trends to take you through summer.
SLIP ON SNEAKERS
- PIERRE HARDY Skate Sneakergoop, $475Shop now
- GAP denim sneakerGap, $39.95Shop now
- VANS Liberty Slip-OnsVans, $60Shop now
- MOTHER OF PEARL blue achilles sneakersgoop, $395Shop now
With the height of a heel and the comfort of a flat, these look great with wide-leg trousers or a shirt dress.
- STELLA MCCARTNEY Flatform Sandalsgoop, $650Shop now
- MARNI Colorblock Platform SandalsBarneys New York, $850Shop now
- PAUL ANDREW Dafni Platform Sandalgoop, $745Shop now
- ALDO Glori SandalsAldo, $70Shop now
Turned out in every conceivable iteration this season, there’s a bit of an art to getting them right. For a shorter dress or skirt, go with a flat or a low heel; if the hemline falls past the knee, balance the proportions with a higher heel.
- MICHAEL KORS Somers Kitten Heel Pumpgoop, $550Shop now
- VALENTINO Rockstud Gladiator SandalsNordstrom, $1,145Shop now
- J. CREW Tassel SandalsJ.Crew, $138Shop now
- GIANVITO ROSSI Braided Suede Tie SandalNeiman Marcus, $995Shop now
STRAPPY LEATHER SANDALS
Turned out in flat, natural leather, these are a wisp of a sandal in the best possible way. They tone down a fancy floor-length dress, but get along just as well with faded boyfriend jeans.
- COACH Beach SandalCoach, $195Shop now
- ANCIENT GREEK SANDALS Estia Sandalgoop, $225Shop now
- ISABEL MARANT Janis Studded Leather SandalsNet-a-Porter, $785Shop now
- ANCIENT GREEK SANDALS x Goop Alethea High Sandalgoop, $410Shop now
POLISHED PENNY LOAFERS
These are grown-up, sleek, and wonderfully nostalgic. Go for some with slightly offbeat details, like a fringe top, tassel trim, or a lug sole.
- TOD’S Gomma Leather LoafersMatches Fashion, $511Shop now
- MANOLO BLAHNIK Suede AldenaBarneys New York, $745Shop now
- BAND OF OUTSIDERS
Slipped Heel Penny Loafergoop, $595Shop now
- H&M Suede LoafersH&M, $59.95Shop now
These aren’t your brother’s shower slides. These slip on sandals are anything but casual.
- STELLA MCCARTNEY Flat Sandalgoop, $770Shop now
- CHRISTOPHER KANE Metal Crystal Leather SlidesMatches Fashion, $474Shop now
- CHLOÉ Leather SandalsMytheresa, $839Shop now
- ANCIENT GREEK SANDALS Thais Sandalgoop, $270Shop now
A boot isn’t exclusively for colder months (though New Yorkers who braved this past winter can’t be blamed for refusing to touch them again until fall). These are light enough to pair with your favorite jeans or your favorite fluid dress.
- LAURENCE DACADE
Hope Open Toe Bootgoop, $1,050Shop now
- ZARA Leather High-Heeled Ankle BootZara, $119Shop now
- LAURENCE DACADE Pete Ankel Bootgoop, $990Shop now
- ISABEL MARANT Presley Ankle BootsNet-a-Porter, $1,060Shop now
This season’s wedge boasts a slimmed down, elegant heel—there’s nothing chunky or clunky about them.
- JIMMY CHOO Morena 90Jimmy Choo, $850Shop now
- LOEFFLER RANDALL Allegra WedgeClub Monaco, $375Shop now
- ULLA JOHNSON
Yasmin Wedge EspadrillesBarneys New York, $395Shop now
- TABITHA SIMMONS
Ankle Strap Sandalgoop, $725Shop now
A stacked wood heel, mixed with minimalist straps, is all you need for a modern nod to the ‘70s trend that swept the runways.
- LOEFFLER RANDALL x GOOP Henry Low Block Heel Sandalgoop, $295Shop now
- TABITHA SIMMONS Denim Sandalsgoop, $675Shop now
- MADEWELL The Stitched Jemma SandalMadewell, $178Shop now
- M.GEMI The ColleM.Gemi, $228Shop now
Strapped, laced, buckled, and studded: Gladiators come in every variation this season. They add the perfect shot of drama to an otherwise simple look.
- BAND OF OUTSIDERS Strappy Sandalgoop, $495Shop now
- MANGO Strap Cord SandalsMango, $39.99Shop now
- LAURENCE DACADE Helie Sandalgoop, $995Shop now
- FENDI Double-Strap SandalsBarneys New York, $1,650Shop now
These are the Nike dunk equivalent for fashion diehards: Nobody’s going to think you’ll be doing dance aerobics in these guys.