Thai Strawberry Soup
A refreshing, delicious and gluten/dairy/sugar-free dessert.
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups fresh strawberries, stems sliced off
3 fresh lime leaves
1 stalk lemongrass, sliced in half
½ cup fresh strawberries, stems sliced off and cut in half lengthwise for garnish
handful of basil, plus the smallest leaves for garnish
1. Puree strawberries in a blender with 1 cup of coconut milk. Place in a large bowl or container with the lemongrass, lime leaves and basil, cover and leave overnight to infuse.
2. Place sliced strawberries at the bottom of four serving bowls.
3. Strain the soup to remove the aromatics, and pour into serving bowls on top of strawberries.
4. Add the other cup of coconut milk to a pan and place over medium heat. Using a thermometer, allow the milk to come up to around 100°F but not over 118°F. Whisk the milk over the heat until it foams.
5. Top soup with coconut milk foam and small basil leaves.
*This recipe has not been tested by the goop test kitchen.
We're into the coconut, sesame, sriracha combination on the salmon and kale. We also love anything that can be cooked in one pan. We omitted the sweet potatoes, as we found the rice was an ideal amount of starch.
This recipe is from the lovely Erin McKenna, whose Babycakes Bakery might be the best thing to happen to health conscious foodies. When we're on the sugar-free/vegan/gluten-free tip we bust out this guilt-free treat recipe and get busy.