Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 2 1/2 cups white spelt flour plus more
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup organic vegetable shortening (or butter)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk plus more for brushing
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup (nectar)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (nectar)
- balsamic vinegar
- whipped cream
Strawberry Shortcake Sliders
1. Preheat oven to 475°.
2. Whisk 2 1/2 cups spelt flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Using fingertips, blend in the shortening; form a well in center of mixture.
4. Whisk 1/2 cup buttermilk, yogurt, and agave in a small bowl; pour into flour mixture; stir with a fork to blend.
5. Transfer to a lightly floured work surface. Knead 2 or 3 times to bring dough together. Press dough into a 3/4"-thick round. Using biscuit cutter, cut the dough into rounds. Gather scraps; repeat cutting until all dough is used.
6. Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with buttermilk.
7. Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
8. Mix strawberries and agave in a medium bowl.
9. Drizzle vinegar over; toss.
10. Cut biscuits in half. Place 3 biscuit bottoms on each plate. Spoon whipped cream over each and top with strawberry mixture. Place biscuit tops over.
Originally published on Bon Appetit.