You can use a hand-held mixer or blender instead of a food processor.
Sweet Potato Biscuits
These sweet potato biscuits are a delightful combination of sweet and savory, airy and satisfying. Perfect for a holiday dinner or a fall brunch.
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled and cubed
1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked & mashed
1/3 cup milk
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
3. Add butter and pulse till it resembles coarse meal.
4. Add sweet potatoes, milk and honey and pulse till dough comes together.
5. Place dough onto parchment paper and knead 5 times together and shape into a flat disk.
6. Place another parchment paper on top and roll out 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and cut into biscuits.
7. Place biscuits on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
9. Cool and serve.
Contributed by weelicious.
From the PDT bar menu: Cranberries are the last seasonal berries available before winter settles into the Northeast. Around Thanksgiving, we decided to use ours to make a classic cobbler, fortified with English gin and a historic style of off-dry Sherry.