Spiced Pumpkin & Walnut Bread
You won’t miss the wheat or sugar here, with the maple syrup adding a perfect sweetness and the ginger and garam masala a piquant kick.
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
1/3 cup water
1 cup real Vermont maple syrup
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus a little for the pan
1 cup pureed pumpkin (fresh or canned)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups white spelt flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 cup walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Whisk together the ginger, eggs, water, maple syrup, agave, oil, pumpkin and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3. Sift in the flours, baking soda, salt, and spices. Stir together and fold in the walnuts.
4. Lightly grease a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ glass loaf pan.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake the bread until browned and a wooden skewer doesn’t have any batter stuck to it when you test it (about an hour and 10 minutes).
“I’m sure your kids have tried rice crispy treats, but have they ever had a chocolate rice crispy treat? Unlike the ones you would buy at the grocery made with lots of corn syrup, these get their sweet taste from brown rice syrup and some added nutrition from high-protein...
Add one and a half tablespoons of ground bee pollen granules to a fruit and berry shake of your choice for an energy kick. Our friends at Crussh make a “Love Juice," see below. At Raoul's in Maida Vale in London, they serve up a “Breakfast in a Cup”...