Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 4 large potatoes (russets or another floury potato work well, just nothing waxy)
- 8-10 cups vegetable oil
1. Peel then slice to your liking.
2.Soak potatoes for up to an hour changing the water about three times throughout when it gets cloudy.
3. Steam for 8 minutes in a steamer (a bamboo basket would work as well). Dry super well until potatoes are completely dry.
4. Then, fry in small batches in peanut oil at 320 degrees for four or so minutes. Take them out of the oil and let them cool. Drain on a grate on top of a bake sheet (I use one from Williams-Sonoma).
5. When they are all done and cool, turn up the oil to 370 degrees and fry again ‘til crispy.
6. Serve in an oversized coffee mug lined with parchment. Salt well.