This basic sauce is perfect for homemade pizza. Make in advance for a seamless pizza-making experience.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
1 small yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes with their juice
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the carrot and onion and cook, stirring now and then, until softened but not ground, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and their juice and the salt. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Carefully puree in a blender until very smooth.
5. Let it cool before saucing your pizzas. This can be made up to a week ahead.
Use with our Pizza Dough to make our following signature pizzas:
Add one and a half tablespoons of ground bee pollen granules to a fruit and berry shake of your choice for an energy kick. Our friends at Crussh make a “Love Juice," see below. At Raoul's in Maida Vale in London, they serve up a “Breakfast in a Cup”...
We love the ingenuity of this recipe, from the kale/collard greens combo, to the garlic, coconut, curry and orange filling. It's uniquely delicious, and the sushi roll presentation makes it perfect for a bento box lunch.
Eric Alperin built and co-owns this cocktail lounge in downtown LA, which is hidden inside of Cole’s restaurant (it's through a secret door at the back). The vibe here is intimate and the drinks are crafted by expert bartenders including Eric himself. Order a sandwich to go at the...