This basic sauce is perfect for homemade pizza. Make in advance for a seamless pizza-making experience.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
1 small yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes with their juice
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the carrot and onion and cook, stirring now and then, until softened but not ground, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and their juice and the salt. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Carefully puree in a blender until very smooth.
5. Let it cool before saucing your pizzas. This can be made up to a week ahead.
Use with our Pizza Dough to make our following signature pizzas:
This smoothie is hydrating, alkalizing, and energizing. Buy two young thai coconuts and use the water and the meat for this recipe. You can also find coconut meat in the frozen section of certain health food stores.
From My Father’s Daughter: "Whenever I’ve let great bakery bread go stale by accident, I make this salad. The brightness of the tomato, roasted pepper and basil are really complemented by the texture of the bread."