An American spin on England’s Pimm’s Cup cocktail. The key to success? Use ripe, fragrant peaches.
2 very ripe peaches, peeled, cut into 1/2″ wedges
6 tablespoons peach liqueur
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup vodka
1 english hothouse cucumber
2 cups chilled prosecco
1 1/2 cups chilled soda water
12 fresh mint leaves
1. Using a muddler or wooden spoon, mash peaches with liqueur and lemon juice in a large pitcher.
2. Stir in vodka. Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
3. Cut 1/3 of cucumber lengthwise into 4 spears for garnish. Thinly slice remaining cucumber.
4. Stir Prosecco, soda water, mint, and sliced cucumber into pitcher.
5. Fill glasses with ice. Pour cooler into glasses; garnish with cucumber spear.
Originally published on Bon Appetit.
We recently made The Hummingbird Bakery’s Chocolate Fridge Bars from The Hummingbird Bakery’s Cookbook by Tarek Malouf and The Hummingbird Bakers. They require no dangerous implements or baking so they are great to get the kids involved in.