Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices vegetarian bacon (you can find good brands made with tempeh)
- 8 slices organic sprouted whole grain bread (like Ezekiel)
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise (or your favorite mayonnaise)
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 very ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 head baby gem lettuce or 1 heart of romaine lettuce, leaves separated
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook the vegetarian bacon for a minute on each side, just enough to warm it through and get it a bit browned.
2. Remove from the skillet and cut each slice in half.
3. Spread each slice of bread with a tablespoon of Vegenaise or mayonnaise and sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper.
4. Layer the bacon, tomato, avocado and lettuce on 4 slices of the bread and then sandwich with the remaining 4.
5. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.