Grilled Radicchio Wedge
A play on one of our favorite salads, the classic wedge, in season radicchio is balanced by a sweet balsamic reduction.
2 small heads radicchio, quartered lengthwise
½ cup gorgonzola cheese
1 cup balsamic vinegar
freshly ground pepper
1. For the balsamic reduction: place vinegar into a saucepan over high heat. When the vinegar begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and whisk until liquid evaporates by about half and the vinegar is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
3. Slice radicchio heads into quarters and brush with oil to coat.
4. Grill wedges 3 minutes or so on each side, until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
5. Crumble the gorgonzola on top of each wedge and drizzle over the balsamic reduction.
This congee or rice porridge is incredibly easy to digest and very soothing to the digestive system. The cooking process does all the digesting for you so your stomach does not have to work, a feel good for your stomach. The red dates are available at your local Chinese grocer....