Grilled Radicchio Wedge
A play on one of our favorite salads, the classic wedge, in season radicchio is balanced by a sweet balsamic reduction.
2 small heads radicchio, quartered lengthwise
½ cup gorgonzola cheese
1 cup balsamic vinegar
freshly ground pepper
1. For the balsamic reduction: place vinegar into a saucepan over high heat. When the vinegar begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and whisk until liquid evaporates by about half and the vinegar is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
3. Slice radicchio heads into quarters and brush with oil to coat.
4. Grill wedges 3 minutes or so on each side, until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
5. Crumble the gorgonzola on top of each wedge and drizzle over the balsamic reduction.
This is an incredibly healthy, refreshing way to start your day. Kale is full of calcium and antioxidants and just about everything else—it’s one of the best things you can put into your system. When juiced with a bit of lemon and agave, kale turns into a sort-of grassy...
This healthy, quick salad has great crunch and lots of refreshing flavors. It’s wonderful on its own and also takes well to simply prepared proteins; grilled fish, shrimp, chicken or tofu are great. This comes to us from one of our favorite home chefs, Lee Gross.