Grilled Radicchio Wedge
A play on one of our favorite salads, the classic wedge, in season radicchio is balanced by a sweet balsamic reduction.
2 small heads radicchio, quartered lengthwise
½ cup gorgonzola cheese
1 cup balsamic vinegar
freshly ground pepper
1. For the balsamic reduction: place vinegar into a saucepan over high heat. When the vinegar begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and whisk until liquid evaporates by about half and the vinegar is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
3. Slice radicchio heads into quarters and brush with oil to coat.
4. Grill wedges 3 minutes or so on each side, until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
5. Crumble the gorgonzola on top of each wedge and drizzle over the balsamic reduction.
"It is always good to have a few Old Fashioned variations up your sleeve. In an environment of basically three ingredients, little changes can make a big impact. The marriage of the yuzu and lavender makes for something citrus-y, floral, and delicious—it also makes this one slightly lighter....
Adapted from my favorite contributor Lee Gross who transforms leftovers like no one else. This recipe calls for lots of ingredients, but don’t be put off — it’s actually quite simple to make and totally revamps day-old turkey. Make some fresh guacamole and warm up some tortillas and you...