Grilled Radicchio Wedge
A play on one of our favorite salads, the classic wedge, in season radicchio is balanced by a sweet balsamic reduction.
2 small heads radicchio, quartered lengthwise
½ cup gorgonzola cheese
1 cup balsamic vinegar
freshly ground pepper
1. For the balsamic reduction: place vinegar into a saucepan over high heat. When the vinegar begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and whisk until liquid evaporates by about half and the vinegar is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
3. Slice radicchio heads into quarters and brush with oil to coat.
4. Grill wedges 3 minutes or so on each side, until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
5. Crumble the gorgonzola on top of each wedge and drizzle over the balsamic reduction.
"This mock bouillabaisse is so scrumptious that you would never know it had anything 'left over' in it. You do have to stop and pick up a dozen or so fresh mussels and a few clams the day you’re making it, but otherwise everything else is at hand, and...
“I’m sure your kids have tried rice crispy treats, but have they ever had a chocolate rice crispy treat? Unlike the ones you would buy at the grocery made with lots of corn syrup, these get their sweet taste from brown rice syrup and some added nutrition from high-protein...
An inventive update of a childhood favorite; now it’s a grownup cocktail in a glass brimming with nostalgia. I’ve raved about Church & State on goop before for it’s mind-blowing drinks and delectable food. It looks like the drinks here have come to a whole new level of amazingness...