Ginger Sesame Chicken Noodle Pot
It’s safe to say that sesame plus chicken is a culinary match made in heaven. Add ginger for kick and carrot noodles for crunch and you’ve got a delicious and healthy lunch in minutes.
1 teaspoon chinese five spice powder
1 small handful cilantro leaves + a few fresh mint leaves
1 pinch chili flakes or cayenne
1 small garlic clove, finely minced
3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger, squeezed to get 1.5 tablespoons ginger juice
1 tablespoon tamari
¾ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1-2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 handful cooked shredded chicken
1 handful spinach leaves or shredded red cabbage
1 handful sliced mushrooms
1 small carrot, roughly grated or spiralized into carrot noodles
1 lime wedge
1. Combine all ingredients in a heatproof jar and refrigerate until ready to eat.
2. When ready, boil the kettle and remove the lime wedge from the jar.
3. Let the boiled water sit for a minute or two before adding it to the jar, leaving a half-inch gap at the top.
4. Stir, cover and let sit five minutes.
5. Remove the lid, stir again, squeeze in the lime juice and enjoy.