Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
Slow-Braised Green Beans
1. Place a large, wide pot (a dutch oven works well for this) over medium high heat. Coat the bottom of the pot with olive oil and add the onion. Cook for about a minute until soft and translucent, then add the garlic and cook for another minute until soft.
2. Add the green beans and the stock. Using your hands, crush the tomatoes into the pot and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and turn heat down to a medium-low heat. Cook for about 2 hours, until beans are very tender and beginning to fall apart. Serve at room temperature.