Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 1 sea bass (about 1.5 - 2lbs)
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 egg whites
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- half a lemon, sliced
- olive oil
- flat-leaf parsley, torn
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
Salt-Baked Sea Bass
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Slowly, whisk in the salt, using your hands to incorporate when the mixture becomes too thick to whisk.
3. Arrange a thin layer of the salt mixture on a baking sheet for each whole fish, just long and wide enough to fit the fish.
4. Lay the fish on top of the salt and stuff cavity with lemon slices and rosemary sprigs. Top fish with remaining salt mixture, patting down with your hands to form a sealed, smooth mound, ensuring the fish is completely enclosed by the salt, including the head and tail. (The element of surprise is one of the best things about this dish).
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let rest for five.
6. Present to guests as is.
7. To serve, crack the shell with the back of a spoon, peel away the salt and debone. Drizzle with sea salt, pepper, good quality extra virgin olive oil, lemon and parsley.