Here you'll find our favorite recipes, both original goop creations and dishes shared by great make contributors. Browse by ingredient or category to find the perfect dish for any craving or occasion, or simply scroll to get inspired (and seriously hungry).
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar (unrefined)
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons finely grated garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 or 2 fresh thai chilis (to your taste!), halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (1/2")
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
Caramelized Black Pepper Chicken
1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, fish sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, ginger, pepper and chili. Reserve.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the shallots until softened and a bit brown, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and stir-fry, browning it all over, about a minute.
4. Add the sugar mixture and simmer over high heat until the chicken is totally cooked through, about 6 minutes.
5. Stir in the cilantro and serve.
Adapted from Charles Phan's Caramelized Black Pepper Chicken published in Food & Wine, December 1998.