Detox Teriyaki Chicken
This sauce is detox-friendly because it doesn’t use sugar or soy, but it has a great depth of flavor and is the perfect consistency.
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup agave syrup
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon barley miso
1 teaspoon mirin
1 tablespoon water
1 chicken breast
detox teriyaki sauce
1 finely chopped scallion
4 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
1. To make the marinade, combine the balsamic, agave, ginger and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook for ten minutes. Cool and then add the miso, mirin and water.
2. Marinate the chicken in the sauce (reserve a spoonful or two) for at least one hour–up to overnight.
3. Heat your grill to medium heat.
4. Wipe off any excess marinade and grill the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
5. Serve with the reserved, hasn’t-touched-raw-chicken sauce, cilantro and scallions.
“I’m sure your kids have tried rice crispy treats, but have they ever had a chocolate rice crispy treat? Unlike the ones you would buy at the grocery made with lots of corn syrup, these get their sweet taste from brown rice syrup and some added nutrition from high-protein...
These vegan tacos are so satisfying you won’t miss the corn or wheat flour of standard tortillas. Feel free to skip the slaw or use grilled chicken in place of the zucchini. This recipe makes 2 extra socca "tortillas". For these, skip the baking step and make them into...