Detox Teriyaki Chicken
This sauce is detox-friendly because it doesn’t use sugar or soy, but it has a great depth of flavor and is the perfect consistency.
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup agave syrup
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon barley miso
1 teaspoon mirin
1 tablespoon water
1 chicken breast
detox teriyaki sauce
1 finely chopped scallion
4 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
1. To make the marinade, combine the balsamic, agave, ginger and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook for ten minutes. Cool and then add the miso, mirin and water.
2. Marinate the chicken in the sauce (reserve a spoonful or two) for at least one hour–up to overnight.
3. Heat your grill to medium heat.
4. Wipe off any excess marinade and grill the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
5. Serve with the reserved, hasn’t-touched-raw-chicken sauce, cilantro and scallions.
I loved my meal at the Terrazza Danieli so much that I asked for the recipes. They’re a bit complicated (N2O anyone?) but they’re easy to adjust. I love knowing how they make spaghettini from scratch but you can always buy fresh pasta from your local shop, or use...
We love the ingenuity of this recipe, from the kale/collard greens combo, to the garlic, coconut, curry and orange filling. It's uniquely delicious, and the sushi roll presentation makes it perfect for a bento box lunch.