You can find quinoa flakes and puffed millet at most health food stores.
This granola is totally addictive. Baking it over a long time in a low oven makes it super crunchy, and it’s detox-friendly so you can snack guilt-free. Eat with milk, over yogurt in a parfait, or plain by the handful.
2 cups gluten free oats
½ cup quinoa flakes
½ cup puffed millet
½ cup raw chopped cashews
½ cup raw chopped pecans
¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons flax seeds
½ teaspoon maldon (or other coarse sea salt)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup coconut palm sugar
1 tablespoon water
¾ cup coconut oil
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2. Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the coconut sugar with 1 tablespoon water and cook over very low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Be careful here—the sugar can burn easily.
4. Turn off the heat, add coconut oil, and stir with a spatula until the oil has melted.
5. Add the sugar and oil mixture to the bowl along with the vanilla extract. Mix to combine well, and spread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Try to make an even layer with no gaps to ensure good clusters.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, then use a large spatula to turn and mix, without breaking up any large clusters, and bake for another 20 minutes.
7. Allow to cool before digging in.