Chive and Parmesan Dutch Baby
Perfect for an impromptu breakfast, this puffed and golden savory pancake cooks up quickly and requires only a few simple ingredients you likely already have on hand. It’s delicious unadorned, but fun served with smoked salmon, sliced avocado, and a simple side of greens dressed with olive oil and lemon juice—garnishes that quickly elevate this giant popover to fancy-brunch-status.
½ cup whole milk
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
½ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and place an 8-inch cast iron pan inside to heat it up.
2. In one bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and chives.
3. In another bowl combine flour, salt, and pepper.
4. Add the wet mix to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and add the butter. Swirl it around, then pour the egg mixture into the pan and sprinkle the parmesan on top.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and puffy.