Chinese Pearl Meatballs
These delicious meatballs are super flavorful and totally gluten free! The combination of the tender meatball and chewy rice dipped in savory tamari and tangy rice vinegar is just beyond.
½ lb ground dark meat chicken
4 oz water chestnuts, finely chopped
2 tablespoons grated ginger
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup jasmine rice
1. Soak the rice in cold water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, drain the rice and pour it out on a paper towel lined plate and blot it dry as much as possible.
2. Then make the meatballs- combine the chicken, water chestnuts, ginger and salt. Roll them into meatball about 1 inch or so in diameter.
3. Roll each meatball in the rice until it’s fully coated.
4. Start boiling a pot of water with a wire steamer basket or bamboo steamer basket.
5. Place the meatballs in the steamer basket, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, until rice is puffed and tender and the meatballs are firm and cooked through.