Caesar Salad Bites
Eat with your fingers.
1 head of Romaine lettuce, washed
a thick slice of day old bread
2 cloves of garlic: 1 minced, 1 whole
half a lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper
1. Remove the large outer leaves of the Romaine, picking out the smaller pieces in the center. (We wrap the larger leaves in a towel, pop them in the fridge and save for another day).
2. In the meantime, chop up the bread into rustic cubes (about 1-inch). Coat a sauté pan with olive oil over medium heat and add bread. Cook for about a minute, until bread begins to get some color, then add minced garlic, cooking for another minute until bread pieces are a nice golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Slice the whole clove of garlic in half and rub the inside of a large bowl with the open ends. Add the egg and squeeze half of a lemon into the egg while whisking. When that’s combined, whisk in about a tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Add lettuce leaves to bowl and mix until coated.
5. Arrange leaves on a serving platter. Fit a crouton in the center of each leave, followed by an anchovy. Shave parmesan over each leave, and season with salt and pepper.
I discovered Organic Avenue a few years ago through a girlfriend who was about to do one of their fasts, and I joined her on the 5 day program. The result was pretty amazing and the juices and smoothies (esp. the coconut mylk and the cacao smoothie) were so...