Avocado Temaki (Hand Roll)
Don’t forget to vinegar the rice if you’re making it yourself. Also, getting fresh wasabi to grate for the roll makes all the difference.
1 sheet nori, cut in half
1 avocado, sliced into thin strips
1 small cucumber, peeled, deseeded & sliced in thin strips
½ cup cooked brown sushi rice
tamari or soy sauce
fresh wasabi, grated
pickled ginger (optional)
1. Place the nori on a bamboo mat or a piece or parchment shiny side down.
2. Wet one of your hands slightly to grab a small palmful of rice. Place the rice on the left side of your nori and press your index finger into the rice to create a small dent where you will lay your fillings.
3. Rub a bit of grated wasabi onto the rice. Place a few thin slices of cucumber and a few slices of avocado diagonally across the rice, pointing to the upper-right corner of the nori.
4. Fold the left hand corner over and roll upwards around the rice and the filling. (At this point it’s best to pick up the roll and finish the rolling with your hands.) Continue rolling the long part of the nori around the rice and filling until you reach the end. Seal by rubbing the edge with a touch of water.
5. Serve with soy sauce or tamari and pickled ginger.
This is an incredibly healthy, refreshing way to start your day. Kale is full of calcium and antioxidants and just about everything else—it’s one of the best things you can put into your system. When juiced with a bit of lemon and agave, kale turns into a sort-of grassy...
We worked with the team over at Mary Giuliani Catering to build an appropriately British menu for our Stella McCartney x goop party—from fish n’chips, to tea sandwiches, sticky toffee pudding and more, done in party-friendly mini versions.