You can find donut tins at most upscale cooking stores such as Sur La Table.
Apple Spice Donuts with Maple Glaze
We thought the only donuts worth eating were deep-fried and coated in a sugar coma-inducing glaze, but these gluten-free ones, sweetened with applesauce and maple syrup and baked in the oven, proved us wrong. We know what we’ll be making when National Donut Day rolls around next year…
for the donuts:
1 3/4 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1 large egg, plus 1 egg white
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut flour
for the glaze:
¼ cup coconut butter
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Generously grease a 6-cavity donut tin with oil and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the blanched almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, egg white, coconut milk, applesauce, melted coconut oil, vanilla and coconut flour until well combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and use a wooden spoon to thoroughly combine.
6. Carefully spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake for 16-18 minutes, until donut springs back when touched.
7. Remove from oven and allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 1-2 minutes.
8. To make the glaze, whisk all ingredients together until a smooth paste is formed.
9. Dip each donut into the glaze then allow to rest on the counter for about 5 minutes. Dip again if desired .