Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
A delicious, guilt-free cookie from Kitchen Mouse in LA.
6 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 teaspoon salt
2 cup chocolate chips (slightly heaping)
2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened— make sure it is shredded and not ground or in flakes (slightly heaping)
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2.5 cups maple syrup
4 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons vanilla
shredded coconut, for the top
chocolate chips, for the top
1. Whisk together almond flour, baking powder, flax seed meal and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add shredded coconut and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
3. Pour in melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and form into a dough.
4. Refrigerate batter until chilled (optional).
5. Form batter into walnut size balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Add more coconut and chocolate chips to the top (push down slightly), and bake at 325° for 8 minutes.