Recipes | Goop | Page 3Inspired by the gluten-free matzo balls in Lindsey S. Love’s book "Chickpea Flour Does It All," we made a spring-y version packed with lemon zest and tons of fresh herbs. It’s really good. 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the lemon zest and fresh herbs and stir to combine.
2. Add the olive oil and the egg and use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir everything together.
3. Place in the fridge to rest for at least 15 minutes and up to overnight.
4. Bring a large dutch oven or pot (with a lid) filled ¾ of the way with water up to a boil, then reduce to a steady simmer.
5. Prepare a small bowl of water and remove the chickpea mixture from the fridge. Wet your hands and begin rolling the mixture into golf ball-sized balls, dropping them into the simmering water as they’re ready (you should get about 8 balls). The dough will be sticky, so work quickly and deliberately, and don’t worry if some of the mixture sticks to your fingers.
6. When all of the matzo balls are in the water, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a small saucepan.
8. After 10 minutes, use a slotted spoon to flip the matzo balls over, then cover and gently simmer for another 10 minutes.
9. Add the diced celery and carrot to the chicken stock, along with a pinch of salt.
10. After 10 minutes, use a slotted spoon to divide the cooked matzo balls between two bowls, then pour over the chicken stock and veggies.
11. Garnish each bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of flaky salt, some grated lemon zest, and extra chopped herbs.Serves½ cup chickpea flour,
¾ teaspoon baking powder,
1 teaspoon kosher salt,
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest + extra for serving,
1 tablespoon each finely minced dill, parsley, and chives + extra for serving,
1 tablespoon olive oil or melted duck fat,
4 cups good-quality chicken stock,
1 large celery stalk, diced,
1 large carrot, peeled and diced,
flaky sea salt, for serving,
olive oil, for serving.
Sign up here to receive news and information about the upcoming goop skincare launch.
By clicking this button, you will be receiving product updates and our weekly newsletter.
Take 25% off Goop Shop. Use code: 25OFFLOVEGOOP
Offer ends at 11:59 PM PST on 11/30/15. You must enter the discount code 25OFFLOVEGOOP in Checkout for savings to be applied. Promotion excludes: Valentino, Stella McCartney, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Michael Kors, fruitsuper design, all Beauty, all Jewelry, and all Final Sale items. Promotion also excludes taxes, gift cards, and shipping charges. This offer is valid only at http://shop.goop.com and may not be combined with another offer. No adjustments on previous purchases. Goop Inc. reserves the right to modify or terminate this offer at any time without notice.
Get Thursday's Note from GP, including exclusive tips and behind-the-scenes photos.