Recipes | GoopImpossibly tender and just the right amount sweet, this quick bread makes the perfect finale to any holiday meal. It’s also excellent for breakfast the next day.1. Preheat the oven to 335°F and oil a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks. Cook in a pot of boiling water until very tender, then drain and set aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, the ¾ cup maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract, then whisk in the eggs. Add the cooked sweet potatoes, whisking vigorously to incorporate them into the mixture. Add the flour, cinnamon, black pepper, nutmeg and baking soda and whisk until just combined.
4. Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the persimmon into ¼-inch slices.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with persimmon slices and brush with the remaining tablespoon of maple syrup.
6. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.Serves 122 medium sweet potatoes,
½ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil,
¾ cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup,
2 teaspoons kosher or Himalayan salt,
2 teaspoons vanilla extract,
2 cups sprouted gluten-free flour,
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon,
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper,
¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg,
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda,
1-2 fuyu persimmons.
Sign up here to receive news and information about the upcoming goop skincare launch.
By clicking this button, you will be receiving product updates and our weekly newsletter.
Take 25% off Goop Shop. Use code: 25OFFLOVEGOOP
Offer ends at 11:59 PM PST on 11/30/15. You must enter the discount code 25OFFLOVEGOOP in Checkout for savings to be applied. Promotion excludes: Valentino, Stella McCartney, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Michael Kors, fruitsuper design, all Beauty, all Jewelry, and all Final Sale items. Promotion also excludes taxes, gift cards, and shipping charges. This offer is valid only at http://shop.goop.com and may not be combined with another offer. No adjustments on previous purchases. Goop Inc. reserves the right to modify or terminate this offer at any time without notice.
Get Thursday's Note from GP, including exclusive tips and behind-the-scenes photos.