Gifts for Dudes
There’s really no guy who is easy to shop for—clichéd but true. In our experience, it’s the classic, simply-designed pieces that appeal to most men. And music. And tech. And booze.
LEICA 8X20 ULTRAVID
BCR BINOCULARS Best Made Co., $729 For spying on the neighbors.
ALEX MILL CASHMERE
SOLID BEANIE goop, $95 Luxe and cool.
GROWLER Garmentory, $50 A sturdy, old-school essential.
SWEATPANT J.Crew, $69.50 Any guy would be legit thrilled.
DANNER MOUNTAIN LIGHT
TIMBER HIKING BOOT Urban Outfitters, $429 For outdoor adventures and slushy city streets.
- SUPREME UTILITY KNIFE KEYCHAIN Supreme, $12 One of those things everyone always (weirdly) needs.
BEST MADE CO.
PULLOVER Best Made Co., $248 The side zips are genius.
- TOKYOBIKE SPORT Tokyobike, $850 Bike lock required.
BASKETBALL East Dane, $22 A lo-fi addiction.
COCKTAIL SHAKER ABC Home, $135 A pretty rad bar tool upgrade.
IN God we trust CHEERS
FLASK Garmentory, $53 Bottoms up!
- LEATHER FOOTBALL Shinola, $150 For not-so-lazy Sunday afternoons.
CALCULATOR The Ghostly Store, $49 A design classic that’s so much better than a phone app.
- IZOLA FLASK FUNNEL Wittmore, $10 Good for the last drop.
- MMF-2.2 Music Hall Turntable Crutchfield, $349.99 An excellent turntable for the price.
BOWERS & WILKINS
P7 TRULY IMMERSIVE HEADPHONES Bowers & Wilkins, $399.99 A gold standard in sound.
- THE COTTON HEATHER CREW Everlane, $18 Give a year’s supply.
HARD GRAFT POINT LEATHER
HEADPHONE CASE MatchesFashion.com, $64 Cute and portable.
- WITHINGS ACTIVITÉ WATCH Withings, $450 A high-tech, lo-fi watch.
SOLID GABERDINE WOOL BOW-TIE Alexander Olch, $110 Subtly subversive and super cool.
- play:5 SpeakersSonos, $499 Insane sound, great design, plus Trueplay tuning so you can stash it under a table and it will still sound just as great.
FALKE RU MAX
RUNNING SOCKS MatchesFashion.com, $12 So much more than an essential.
VENESSA ARIZAGA SHAKA
GOLD CUFF LINKS Venessa Arizaga, $195 Ha!
- BRASS SHOE HORN Poketo, $28 Fancy and useful.
STRIPED COTTON BOXER SHORTS Mr Porter, $60 Instant underwear upgrade.
- POST POO DROPS Aesop, $29 An essential.
CHUKKA BOOTS Nordstrom, $395 These look good with everything.
ACCENT SWEATER Steven Alan, $140 Streamlined and simple.
DEEP SLEEP BATH OIL Net-a-Porter, $148 This is the best stuff ever.
LAVETT & CHIN
SHAVING LOTION Lavett & Chin, $32 A luxury he probably won’t buy for himself.
WATERMELON & VANILLA
LIP BALM goop, $23 An unfussy, gently flavored balm.
- TROUBADOUR WASHBAG goop, $440 A dopp kit he’ll have for years.
- GROWN ALCHEMIST BODY CREAM goop, $26 This will go fast.
TOM DIXON CHARCOAL
SCENT DIFFUSER Mr Porter, $115 A subtle, masculine scent with a pretty cool delivery.
FORMOSA WALL CALENDAR
BY DANESE MILANO Cooper Hewitt, $275 A rad, old-school classic.
TYPE75 TABLE LAMP Y Lighting, $240 A pop of subtle color.