For the Collector
There’s plenty to please even the most die-hard aesthete—though a few picks are legitimately functional.
ivan baj ruby gemme vase ABC Carpet & Home, $2,900
Murano glass, hand-cut to
resemble a brilliant ruby.
Skultuna Small Candlestick ByGeorge, $134
Statuesque candlesticks in
- Audubon Field Guide Series Best Made, $375 The wild outdoors, tamed.
Kelly Wearstler MINI
HEAD TRIP KEYCHAIN Kelly Wearstler, $175 The punk way to keep
track of your keys.
GLASS WHISKY BOTTLE Garde, $175 Turns a bar accessory
TRIANGLE FRAME Consort, $27
A picture frame for people
who don’t do picture frames.
French Press Consort, $120
This ceramic press makes a
legitimately excellent cup of
Cire Trudon Louise
Candle Aedes De Venustas, $125 Burn or bust.
momento mori Skull edition
with cumberland pattern Nymphenburg, call for price Nothing like a floral crown to make
the macabre beautiful.
- Alex Prager: Crowd #10 Puzzle MoMA Store, $75 Fun for days.
- APPLE WEIGHT Alder & Co., $125 An apple a day keeps the paperwork at bay.
- Nick Cave Magic Cube Moca, $30 Like a fancy Rubik’s Cube.
Graphite horse Battle Studio, $63 Quite an upgrade from a #2 pencil.
workstead HELIOS Workstead, $1,850
More real-deal light
installation than table
SHIFT CUP & SAUCER Garde, $340 Though part of a larger
tea-set, it’s pretty
enough to stand on its
Ryan McGinley Beach Towel Moca, $95
Looks like art, sure, but it’s one of
those things you always need.
Globe Illuminated Ameico, $280 This geographically accurate
globe lights up their world,
from the inside out.
MOTH VOTIVE August, $580 Done in delicate
porcelain, this votive
holder emits just the
right amount of light.
- Pols Potten Plate with Apples Amara, $124.89 Pile with real-life apples.
- SNAKE LETTER OPENER Dwell Studio, $65 Looks incredibly striking on an artfully cluttered desk.
- ONORA CASA Hand Woven Copper Basket Shop Latitude, $170 The rose gold hue makes it extra-special.
BUTTERFLY March, $295 Meticulously
Skultuna Belle Jewelry Box Ameico, $160
A jewelry box, as interpreted by Swedish
design studio, Claesson Koivisto Rune.
volume glass vessel ABC Carpet & Home, $1,550 So stunning.
The Slate Skin
Indian Summer Roxxlyn, $96.44 Pretty perfect for
someone lucky enough
to own a rose-gold Mac.
BEN MEDANSKY TALL TRAY Garmentory, $55
LA’s superstar ceramicist Ben
Medansky can do no wrong—case in
point: this hand-painted catchall.
- Dorothee Becker Uten.Silo II Design Within Reach, $405 Kind of OCD, but beautiful nonetheless.
Blossom Bowl L’Objet, $495
The ideal focal point (and
excellent trinket keeper) for a
vanity or coffee table
J Schatz Sea Sponges J Schatz, $225
J. Schatz takes real sea
sponges and dips them in
FIREPLACE LOGS Jayson Home, $330 These crystal logs look even better
than the real thing.