Ask Laurie: Time-Saving Travel Accessories?
Dear Laurie, I’m traveling a ton for the holidays—planes, trains, AND automobiles. What pieces should I have in my bag to make the long lines and inevitable delays a little more pleasant?—Molly L.
Preparedness and a little planning ahead will definitely make your journey during the holidays a bit saner. No matter how you get there, however, the key is to keep things chic but compact—especially the essentials. Here are a few things I don’t leave home without:
V. Backup goop, $110 A personalized battery-charger will give your iPhone up to 27 hours of extra juice. (More juice = more time spent shopping the goop gift guides.)
- SHINOLA The Agnes Varis Shinola, $1,450 With a brushed gold dial, Mother of Pearl face, and diamond bezel, the dressiness of this watch means you can leave your other jewelry at home.
- GOOP FLIGHT PACK goop, $198 Our our favorite (clean) beauty travel-sized products, Vitamin C, earphones, and a sleep mask—all in an custom canvas Corroon pouch.
- SHINOLA Mini Zip Backpack Shinola, $795 Conveniently sized for under your seat with lots of pockets to keep you organized.
Neck Pillow goop, $220 This is one way to guarantee you emerge from the plane feeling rested.
MFEEL Global Compact Universal
All-in-One Travel Power
Amazon, $10.55 An all-in-one adapter for wherever your travels take you.
- RADEN The A22 Carry Raden, $295 It may be the smartest bag you’ll ever buy—it has its own TSA-approved batteries to charge your phone, an app which helps you track your suitcase (and its weight).
GIFT BOUTIQUE Seek Explore
Discover Luggage Tag Box Set Shopbop, $16 Spot your bags easily in baggage claim with these monogrammed luggage tags.
WHITE + WARREN X GOOP
Cashmere Travel Wrap goop, $330 It’s a scarf and travel blanket in one, not to mention, exclusive to the #goopshop.
MASTER & DYNAMIC ME05
Earphones goop, $200 A cool-yet-durable pair of in-ear headphones that actually stay put.
- BOBINO Cord Wraps The Container Store, $2.99-$4.99 Anyone who’s ever had to stop everything to untangle chargers or—worst of all—headphones, will appreciate these little cord wraps. They come in four different sizes, don’t cost a ton, but make a huge difference.
- CUYANA Leather Travel Case Set Cuyana, $125 These little pouches make packing a carry-on significantly easier: a pouch for beauty products and a pouch for tech.
- BILLYKIRK Memo Holder/Wallet goop, $115 Sort of like a wallet on steroids: it keeps the requisite cards, cash, and receipts in check—and includes a mini notebook-and-pen combo for jotting down notes on the go.
AVEC MODERATION Kitzbuhel
Shearling Sandals goop, $403 Easy to slip on and off through security and on the plane. Extra normcore points for pairing with white gym socks.
TRAVEL SMART Toiletry
Bottle Set 6pc. Target, $7.99 TSA–approved sized bottles you can fill with your medicine-cabinet favorites—especially helpful if your skincare routine involves products that don’t come in minis.
- XE Currency App iTunes, Free Other than giving you real-time updates of currency rate changes, this app allows you to plug in any amount in any currency and spits out the U.S. dollar equivalent—really helpful when shopping abroad.